Rosalina essential oil (Lavender tea tree)
-Floral, lemony, camphorous
Extraction method: the leaves are steam distilled.
Description: thin consistency, clear to pale yellow color. Fresh, lemony, slightly camphorous scent.
Precautions: Do not use undiluted on the skin. Avoid contact with sensitive areas. Consult your healthcare professional before using essential oils during pregnancy.
Uses: asthma, seasonal allergies, coughs, congestion, expel mucus, sore throat, sniffles, sneezing, runny nose, improve circulation, cold/flu symptoms, ear infections, headaches, itch relief, sunburns, fevers, immune support, muscle pain, menstrual cramps, warts, chickenpox, acne, wounds care, mental clarity, depression, anxiety, insomnia, stress, tension, antiseptic, cleaning sprays, bug sprays.
Applications: Rosalina essential oil is used in massage, inhalation and diffusion (gentle and kid-safe alternative to eucalyptus). It can help open airways and ease coughs, congestions and stuffy noses. Added to skin care products, including facial toners, moisturizers and antibacterial creams to treat acne, dry skin, cuts and abrasions. Rosalina’s insecticidal properties make it the perfect addition to lice-killing treatments as well as bugs sprays. This oil has calming properties and it’ useful to treat sleep and stress related disorders, such as insomnia, agitation and anxiety.
Therapeutic actions: analgesic, antibacterial, antidepressant, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, decongestant, expectorant, febrifuge, insecticide, sedative, vulnerary.
- For respiratory infections with congestion, colds and flu: add 6 drops Rosalina essential oil in a glass bowl filled with hot water, cover your head with a towel and breathe through the nose. Keep eyes closed. You can also use a diffuser.
- Headache treatment: add 15 drops Rosalina and 10 drops Lavender essential oil into 1/3-ounce aroma roll-on bottle. Swirl to mix and fill with carrier oil. Roll onto the temples and back of the neck. Massage to relieve the pain.
- For a good sleep try this blend in a diffuser: 3 drops Rosalina, 3 drops Sweet Orange and 3 drops Cedarwood essential oil.
- Skin irritations: add a few drops (2 or 3) of Rosalina essential oil to aloe vera gel and apply onto affected area. Good also as sunburn relief cream.
- Foot soak: add a few drops of Rosalina, Geranium, and Sweet Orange essential oil to your footbath for a relaxing moment.
- Air freshener spray: to a spray bottle, add 4 ounces water, 2 ounces witch hazel, 15 drops Rosalina, 10 drops Cedarwood, and 10 drops of Lemon essential oil. Spritz anywhere a space needs a refresh.
- Skin care routine: add Rosalina essential oil to your daily facial cleanser or moisturizer (5/10 drops each 200ml of product).
- Antistress blend: combine 5 drops Rosalina and 5 drops Chamomile in total 20 ml of carrier oil. Mix gently and apply 5/10 drops of the blend on your chest (or 1/2 drops on pulse points).
- Bug repellent spray: to a spray bottle, add 4 ounces water, 15 drops Rosalina, 10 drops Peppermint, 10 drops Citronella essential oil. Shake and spritz.
Blends well with: bergamot, cedarwood, chamomile, sweet orange, geranium, lemon, citronella, coriander, fir needle, grapefruit, frankincense.
Substitutes: eucalyptus, lavender, sweet marjoram, tea tree.
The information on Caverna Cosmica is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be substituted for the advice provided by your doctor or other health care professional. The information on our website is not intended to cure, diagnose or treat medical conditions (and in no way intended to replace proper medical help).