Crystals positively interact with our energy field to provide physical, mental, emotional, cognitive, and/or spiritual healing. Incorporating the energy of crystals into your meditation routine can:
- calm your mind’s chatter;
- help you feel more grounded and peaceful;
- assist you to go deeper into your meditation;
- activate intuition and insight to your specific intentions;
- raise your consciousness and awareness;
- balance and cleanse negative energies.
Just as there are infinite ways to meditate, there are, as well, infinite ways to use crystals in meditation. When it’s time to get started, set the mood. Find a place where you won’t be disturbed, and adjust the lighting for a relaxed, soft feel. If you are working on something specific in your life choose the crystal that aligns with your goal. (e.g. heart chakra healing=rose quartz or kunzite).
You can also add tools like:
- essential oils
- sacred objects and images
How to start
- Hold your crystal in one or both hands.
- Close your eyes and begin to take slow, deep breaths.
- Focus on your breathing and just relax.
- Visualize a pure white light filling your body and the crystals.
- You may feel that your body is sinking deeper into the earth (grounding effect).
- Set your intentions, repeat positive affirmations, or simply meditate quietly for 20 minutes.
- Close your practice by thanking your crystal and returning your attention to your external environment.
-Selenite, Amethyst and Clear quartz are great crystals for meditation.
Holding crystals in your hands does have a general effect on the whole body (energy flows through reflex points).